Need to clear out data from a Cube cross-section?
Occasionally, users need to clear out published data for a specific month of a budget or forecast scenario. Below are some steps to do this!
Ready to get started?
Navigate to the Data Exporter and export all of the data for the period you’re looking to delete. Once you have the download, follow the next steps:
- Delete any attribute columns
- Delete all 0 value lines
- Remove data from Value column
- Replace “Value” column header with Scenario name to create Cube range column and row format
- Delete Scenario column (now redundant)
- Remove duplicates (only applicable if there were attribute columns removed in step 1)
- Select Range and Publish blank values
Note: The Data Exporter data includes formula dimensions, these can either be left in the file and Cube will just ignore them, or they can be removed to decrease the size of the publish range.